Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Prize Giveaway Information
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Effective date: September 14, 2018
1. SPONSOR: The Connection App / The Connection App for Couples (“the App”) Prize Giveaways (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Connection Apps Inc., 508 Fader Street, New Westminster, British Columbia (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to anyone who is 19 years of age or older, at the time of entry, except in any place where contest entry is prohibited by law, and with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The contest begins as soon as the App is available for download on iTunes or Google Play store. The Sponsor may run weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly prize giveaways at its sole discretion. The current contests available will be clearly posted in the App as well as here on our website. The contest end date depends on which prize is being given away and is outlined below:
Weekly Prize Giveaways end the last day of the week that the prize is associated with, on Saturday at 11:59 PM. (“Contest End Date”).
Monthly Prize Giveaways end the last day of the month, at 11:59 PM. (“Contest End Date”).
Quarterly Prize Giveaways end the last day of the month of the quarter that the prize is associated with, at 11:59 PM. (“Contest End Date”). The 4 quarters are January to March (Q1), April to June (Q2), July to September (Q3), and October to December (Q4).
Yearly Prize Giveaways end the last day of the year, at 11:59 PM. (“Contest End Date”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: You gain Contest entries by participating in the programs and Challenges that are loaded into the App or offline participation as described below. There is an equal chance of winning whether you are participating in a paid Challenge or a free Challenge. Your chances of winning are not enhanced by purchase.
You will be granted one entry every time you complete and save a Celebration Reflection (“Celebrations”) and your Connection Practice Ratings (“Ratings”) that are part of the Challenge programs in the App. Celebrations and Ratings must be manually entered by Challenge participants and not by any automated process or machine. The Sponsor may grant an entry to Challenge participants, at its sole discretion. The Sponsor also reserves the right to provide additional entries to Challenge participants who have demonstrated a contribution to our App community or a commitment to participating to the best of their ability. If you record your Celebrations and Ratings for 5 consecutive days in one week, you will earn an additional 5 entries. If you record your Celebrations and Ratings for 7 consecutive days in one week, you will earn and additional 5 entries. The total number of entries it is possible to earn in one week is 17 (one for each rating, 5 additional for a streak of 5 and 5 more if you record every day in one week).
If you do not want to enter via the App, you may participate by delivering a hand written notification with your intention to participate in a Challenge program, and contact information including, name, telephone number, address and email, and send daily Celebrations and Ratings with postmarks proving they were sent daily. All Celebrations and Ratings must be received prior to the end date of the contest.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: The current list of prizes available is listed in the App as well as on our website. It is possible that there may be multiple prizes given in any contest time period or none at all, at the sole discretion of the sponsor.
The approximate retail value of each type of prize is as follows:
Weekly Prizes, when available: $100 CDN
Monthly Prizes, when available: $250 CDN
Quarterly Prizes, when available: $2,500 CDN
Yearly Prizes, when available: $5,000 CDN
These “Prizes” cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other prize.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or use of or redemption of the Prizes. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of active Challenge or program participants who are eligible and have successfully submitted their Celebrations and Ratings as described in the How to Enter section of these rules.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: 7 Days after the respective Contest End Date at 12:00 PM, PST in New Westminster, British Columbia (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw electronically from all eligible entries and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw and will be contacted by the email address provided, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made within 24 hours following the draw. When a Selected Entrant does not or cannot accept the Prize, the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed release form must be received by Sponsor prior to the release of any Prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the release of their name and other information as required by law, and the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest. Entrants further consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means and also for any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, unless given written notification of denial, and without further notice or compensation. Entrants also consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone/cell number, and/or social media handles to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by a single arbitrator chosen by the Sponsor, who shall conduct a final and binding arbitration in the city of New Westminster, province of British Columbia, where the unsuccessful party shall bear the entire cost of the arbitration.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor or by Prize Providers, and used with their permission. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
Take a Challenge
For a Chance to Win!
Participate in Challenges — and create a deeper & more meaningful connection with your partner — and be entered to win prizes.
Earn one prize draw entry every time you complete and save a Celebration Reflection (“Celebrations”) and your Connection Practice Ratings (“Ratings”) in the App. Record your Celebrations and Ratings for 5 consecutive days in one week and you will earn an additional 5 entries. Record them for 7 consecutive days in one week and you will earn yet another 5 entries.
No purchase necessary.
Download our Apps for your
choice of mobile device:
Ready to accept the Challenge?